Appcircle supports Azure AD as a SAML provider.
Only Enterprise accounts support SSO.
SSO can only be enabled by the organization's administrator. To start, go to My Organization screen and click the Enable SSO button under the SSO Integration section.
Configure Appcircle and Azure AD
- Select Setup SAML SSO Provider
Pick an alias and display name for your organization. Please pick a short and rememberable alias.
This screen will auto-generate an URL for the next step
- Log in to Azure AD as an admin and navigate to Azure Services and then click Azure Active Directory.
- Click Enterprise applications
- Click New application.
- Click Create your own application.
- Give a name for your application and select Integrate another application you don't find in the gallery (Non-gallery) and click Create
You need to select users/groups in Azure AD to enable SSO. All members of your Appcircle organization must be added to Azure AD.
- Select Users and groups and click Add user/group
- Click Add Assignment, find the users from the list, and click Select
- Finally, click the Assign button to confirm the assignment.
- Click Single sign-on and select SAML
- Click Edit button on Basic SAML Configuration section.
- Add the Appcircle Redirect URL to Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) write
https://auth.appcircle.io/auth/realms/appcirclefor the Identifier (Entity ID) and select
EmailAddressfor the Name ID format.
- Edit the attributes according to the below screenshot.
- Instead of writing all the settings of SAML, you can download the settings file from Azure AD and upload it. Click the Download button next to the Federation Metadata XML link to download the XML file.
- Go back to Appcircle, upload this XML file by clicking the button under Import SAML Configuration
- Check all the settings on this page and confirm that Redirect and SSO URLs are imported correctly. You can check if the X509 Certificate is imported correctly as well. If you want to enter multiple certificates you can separate them by using a comma between them. Please be aware that you need to remove any new lines or file headers from this edit box. This edit box only accepts a long base64 encoded string.
- When you connect your Identity Provider, please open a new incognito window and test the SSO integration.
- Click the Continue with SSO button.
- Enter the alias you picked.
- You should first see the below confirmation screen.
- After you confirmed account linking, you will get an email.
- You can now access your account with SSO integration when you confirm the email.
- After you enable the SSO, you can only log in to your account with the SSO link. Your old credentials won't work anymore.
When you connect your Identity Provider, please open a new incognito window and test the SSO integration. Please only log off when you can log in with SSO credentials. If the connection doesn't work, you need to review your settings.